Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
In the past, the smile you had was the smile you kept. However, thanks to modern dental procedures, you can now choose how your smile looks. Cosmetic dentistry’s versatility allows you to get a smile you love to help you feel great about the way you look. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on the aesthetic side of your smile.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Livonia, NY
- Bonding/Contouring: Dental bonding uses tooth-colored materials molded directly onto the teeth to change their shape. Contouring fixes small imperfections of your smile.
- Crowns and Bridges: A dental crown fits over a tooth to protect, stabilize, or change the appearance of a tooth. It can also hold a dental bridge, which replaces a missing tooth, in place with help from the surrounding healthy teeth.
- Veneers: A dental veneer covers the surface of a tooth with a thin shell of porcelain to change its appearance. Veneers are often used during a total smile makeover.
- Teeth Whitening: Monitored by your dentist, a professional teeth whitening treatment is significantly stronger and more effective than its at-home counterparts. The treatment lifts the color of the teeth by up to ten shades, giving your smile an instant boost.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a missing tooth. However, unlike other teeth replacement options, your dentist implants the restoration directly into the jawbone beneath your missing tooth, standing on its own and integrating into the mouth’s natural structure.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment which, rather than relying on metal brackets and wires, uses plastic aligner trays to move the teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY, and serving the Geneseo, NY, area and surrounding communities. Call (585) 346-2320 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Eleczko today!
How Cosmetic Contouring Can Help Your Smile
Are you embarrassed to smile? Cosmetic contouring, or teeth reshaping, can sculpt your smile for a more beautiful appearance. Cosmetic contouring involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to fix minor aesthetic issues. Your dentist in Livonia, NY Dr. Sandra Eleczko can show you six ways cosmetic contouring can help your smile.
1. Remove chips in teeth. Small chips in the teeth can be fixed with cosmetic contouring. If your teeth are chipped, cosmetic contouring will make them look whole and healthy again. Cosmetic contouring is a quick and painless cosmetic dental procedure whose results can be seen immediately.
2. Smooth out fractures. Cosmetic contouring can smooth out small fractures or pits in the teeth. Cosmetic contouring is best for patients who need small repairs or adjustments to improve the feel and appearance of their teeth.
3. Create an even smile. Uneven teeth can ruin a beautiful smile. Cosmetic contouring is one of the most cost-effective options for fixing uneven teeth to create a more attractive smile. By reshaping any uneven teeth, Dr. Eleczko can completely revitalize the appearance of your smile.
4. Reduce the height of teeth. Cosmetic contouring can reduce the height of long teeth. The procedure is done to improve appearance by creating more balance or harmony in the look of the smile. Even a few millimeters of reduction in the right places can really improve the appearance of teeth.
5. Reshape pointy teeth. Excessively pointy cuspids can mar an otherwise perfect smile. Cosmetic contouring is used to adjust the length of the cuspids. To round-down pointy cuspids, your dentist will glide a dental instrument outfitted with a burr along the surface area of the teeth.
6. Reduce a slight overlap. Slightly overlapping can be fixed with a cosmetic contouring. Removing minor overlaps where plaque and tartar can build up lowers your risk of decay and gum disease. Talk to your dentist to see if cosmetic contouring is right for you.
Want to live your best life? Start with your smile. Call our dental office at (585) 346-2320 today to schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY, and serving Geneseo and surrounding areas. Cosmetic contouring has helped many people improve their smiles. And it will do the same for you.
Find out the many ways getting cosmetic dentistry in the Livonia and Geneseo, NY area can give you the smile you want.
There are countless people out there that want to get a smile makeover but think that that requires multiple cosmetic treatments and invasive dentistry in order to achieve the perfect smile. But what if our dentist, Dr. Sandra Eleczko, told you that didn’t have to be the case? We offer cosmetic dentistry to fit all your needs. Find out what it can do for you.
A Brighter Smile
As anyone who has tried at-home whitening products can attest, they just don’t offer the same results as our powerful teeth whitening system. When you come into our office for teeth whitening you can leave our office with a smile that is several shades whiter in just one session.
Of course, if you have discolorations that whitening can’t treat you aren’t out of luck. We are also proud to offer dental veneers, which are bonded to the front of your teeth to hide imperfections and to give you a brighter smile.
Fixing a Damaged Tooth
If you have minor cracks and chips that don’t affect the health of your smile but certainly affect how your smile looks then we may be able to buff out these issues with tooth reshaping and bonding. By shaving off minimal amounts of enamel or by applying a tooth-colored resin over problem areas we can hide everything from small gaps between teeth to small cracks. This procedure is completely painless and non-invasive, too!
If damage is more extensive or if your tooth also needs root canal treatment then a dental crown can also be placed over the tooth to restore it and prevent further damage. Dental crowns are usually made from porcelain or composite resin, which look just like a real tooth.
Replacing Missing Teeth
Tooth loss can be stressful but with all that our cosmetic dentist offers you have many options when it comes to treating your tooth loss. One popular and long-term solution is dental implants. Dental implants act like tooth roots and they are the only restoration that naturally bonds with the jawbone to become one. Dr. Eleczko offers mini-implants, which are an affordable option compared to regular dental implants while still offering long term benefits. They can be used to support partial or full dentures.
Are you interested in what cosmetic dentistry can offer your smile in the Livonia and Geneseo, NY area? If so then it’s time you called Dr. Eleczko today to schedule your consultation. We would be happy to sit down with you and discuss your cosmetic goals.
When speaking about veneers in dentistry, many people wonder what they are really made from and how they produce such natural results. The answer is dental porcelain...and yes, it really is a type of porcelain or glass. Even though they are made of porcelain, not all porcelains are the same. This is one reason there can be such a wide price range when comparing porcelain veneer pricing from one dentist to another. For example, the quality of the dental porcelain used and the expertise of the dental lab artisans greatly impact the price of a veneer — just like other pieces of fine art, pricing depends upon the materials used and the artistry of the person creating them.
Dental porcelains are used to create veneers because of their near ideal optical properties in mimicking natural teeth in shine, opacity, and translucence. And when you combine these facts with the artistry of the lab technician and your dentist skill's in placing the veneers, you begin to understand how veneers are virtually undetectable in cosmetically-enhanced teeth. Another reason for using dental porcelain is that they can be made in many colors, shades and translucencies to enhance the optical properties and natural beauty of whiter, brighter, and visually appealing teeth. However, do not let the word porcelain, fool you when it comes to durability. While veneers are not as strong as natural teeth they are not so fragile that you should worry about breaking or damaging them with normal wear and tear. However, you should avoid biting into extremely hard substances; using your veneers as a tool in lieu of scissors, tweezers, or pliers (you should not use your natural teeth as a tool either!); and twisting your veneers when biting into harder substances.
In modern society, a bright, white smile conveys optimal health, youth and sound teeth. However, various influences including age, wear, diet, and lifestyle may prevent you from having and maintaining the glistening smile you long to share with the world. Luckily, there are many safe, inexpensive, and successful treatment options for discolored or stained teeth.
We can perform a “power bleaching” in our office to whiten teeth that are severely stained or discolored. This procedure whitens the external surfaces of the teeth by using a high concentration (35-45%) hydrogen peroxide solution, which is sometimes activated by a specialized light. To prevent irritation of the mouth's soft tissue lining during this procedure, we will isolate your gums and membranes with a rubber dam, a silicone or other effective barrier. Professionally applied in-office power bleaching provides control, speed, and predictability capable of lightening teeth up to ten shades in an hour. Don't try this at home! Our staff will take precautions in the office to avoid side effects and possible tooth sensitivity.
We can also provide you with custom-made, vacuum-formed, plastic bleaching trays for use with a take-home whitening application. In this instance, a gel made from carbamide peroxide (4-7% hydrogen peroxide, safe for home use) is delivered to the tooth surfaces in the bleaching trays. You will need to wear the tray for 30 minutes twice a day, which is a longer process than in-office bleaching. The first subjective signs of whitening will occur after three or four sessions, allowing whitening of up to eight shade units.
Another home-based option, whitening strips, essentially look like band-aids for the teeth. They are capable of lightening teeth by about three shades after being worn directly on the surface of the teeth for 30 minutes twice a day for one week.
If you have always wanted whiter teeth, schedule an appointment so we can determine which of these treatment options would work best for you. For more information on the fundamentals of teeth whitening, read the informative Dear Doctor magazine article “Teeth Whitening: Brighter, Lighter, Whiter...”