How Cosmetic Contouring Can Help Your Smile
Are you embarrassed to smile? Cosmetic contouring, or teeth reshaping, can sculpt your smile for a more beautiful appearance. Cosmetic contouring involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to fix minor aesthetic issues. Your dentist in Livonia, NY Dr. Sandra Eleczko can show you six ways cosmetic contouring can help your smile.
1. Remove chips in teeth. Small chips in the teeth can be fixed with cosmetic contouring. If your teeth are chipped, cosmetic contouring will make them look whole and healthy again. Cosmetic contouring is a quick and painless cosmetic dental procedure whose results can be seen immediately.
2. Smooth out fractures. Cosmetic contouring can smooth out small fractures or pits in the teeth. Cosmetic contouring is best for patients who need small repairs or adjustments to improve the feel and appearance of their teeth.
3. Create an even smile. Uneven teeth can ruin a beautiful smile. Cosmetic contouring is one of the most cost-effective options for fixing uneven teeth to create a more attractive smile. By reshaping any uneven teeth, Dr. Eleczko can completely revitalize the appearance of your smile.
4. Reduce the height of teeth. Cosmetic contouring can reduce the height of long teeth. The procedure is done to improve appearance by creating more balance or harmony in the look of the smile. Even a few millimeters of reduction in the right places can really improve the appearance of teeth.
5. Reshape pointy teeth. Excessively pointy cuspids can mar an otherwise perfect smile. Cosmetic contouring is used to adjust the length of the cuspids. To round-down pointy cuspids, your dentist will glide a dental instrument outfitted with a burr along the surface area of the teeth.
6. Reduce a slight overlap. Slightly overlapping can be fixed with a cosmetic contouring. Removing minor overlaps where plaque and tartar can build up lowers your risk of decay and gum disease. Talk to your dentist to see if cosmetic contouring is right for you.
Want to live your best life? Start with your smile. Call our dental office at (585) 346-2320 today to schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY, and serving Geneseo and surrounding areas. Cosmetic contouring has helped many people improve their smiles. And it will do the same for you.