Posts for category: Dental Procedures
In the past, the smile you had was the smile you kept. However, thanks to modern dental procedures, you can now choose how your smile looks. Cosmetic dentistry’s versatility allows you to get a smile you love to help you feel great about the way you look. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on the aesthetic side of your smile.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Livonia, NY
- Bonding/Contouring: Dental bonding uses tooth-colored materials molded directly onto the teeth to change their shape. Contouring fixes small imperfections of your smile.
- Crowns and Bridges: A dental crown fits over a tooth to protect, stabilize, or change the appearance of a tooth. It can also hold a dental bridge, which replaces a missing tooth, in place with help from the surrounding healthy teeth.
- Veneers: A dental veneer covers the surface of a tooth with a thin shell of porcelain to change its appearance. Veneers are often used during a total smile makeover.
- Teeth Whitening: Monitored by your dentist, a professional teeth whitening treatment is significantly stronger and more effective than its at-home counterparts. The treatment lifts the color of the teeth by up to ten shades, giving your smile an instant boost.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a missing tooth. However, unlike other teeth replacement options, your dentist implants the restoration directly into the jawbone beneath your missing tooth, standing on its own and integrating into the mouth’s natural structure.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment which, rather than relying on metal brackets and wires, uses plastic aligner trays to move the teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY, and serving the Geneseo, NY, area and surrounding communities. Call (585) 346-2320 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Eleczko today!
If your missing teeth have you feeling down, your dentist can help you fill in your gaps and take your smile back to what it once was with mini dental implants. These dental restorations will connect the gaps in your smile to help boost your confidence and self-esteem and your mouth’s functionality. Find out more about mini dental implants and what they mean for you with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY.
What is a mini dental implant?
A mini implant is structurally the same as a traditional implant. However, their smaller stature allows for a less invasive placement procedure, shortened healing times, and can even eliminate the need for multiple dental appointments. Mini implants can replace teeth in most of the same situations as a traditional implant.
Mini Dental Implants vs. Traditional Dental Implants
The biggest difference between a mini implant and a traditional dental implant is not only the size. As the name implies, a mini implant is smaller than a traditional implant. Mini implants and traditional dental implants can both replace one or several missing teeth or hold a denture in place. However, traditional implants can require several dental appointments, months of healing times, and an invasive surgery. Additionally, traditional implants require an adequate amount of bone mass left in the area of the implant, something that some people simply do not have. A mini implant requires only a single dental appointment, local anesthetic, and, usually, no sutures.
Can a mini implant help my smile?
A mini implant can replace a single tooth using one implant. Two implants on either side of a dental bridge can hold a dental bridge in place, replacing several teeth in a row. Using four or more implants throughout the arch, your dentist can also replace all your teeth using a denture held in place by the mini implants.
Mini Dental Implants
Don’t let your missing teeth drag you down any longer. For more information on mini implants, please contact your dentist, Dr. Sandra Eleczko, in Livonia, NY, serving the Geneseo, NY, area and surrounding communities. Call (585) 346-2320 to schedule your appointment for a consultation with Dr. Eleczko today!
How Cosmetic Contouring Can Help Your Smile
Are you embarrassed to smile? Cosmetic contouring, or teeth reshaping, can sculpt your smile for a more beautiful appearance. Cosmetic contouring involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to fix minor aesthetic issues. Your dentist in Livonia, NY Dr. Sandra Eleczko can show you six ways cosmetic contouring can help your smile.
1. Remove chips in teeth. Small chips in the teeth can be fixed with cosmetic contouring. If your teeth are chipped, cosmetic contouring will make them look whole and healthy again. Cosmetic contouring is a quick and painless cosmetic dental procedure whose results can be seen immediately.
2. Smooth out fractures. Cosmetic contouring can smooth out small fractures or pits in the teeth. Cosmetic contouring is best for patients who need small repairs or adjustments to improve the feel and appearance of their teeth.
3. Create an even smile. Uneven teeth can ruin a beautiful smile. Cosmetic contouring is one of the most cost-effective options for fixing uneven teeth to create a more attractive smile. By reshaping any uneven teeth, Dr. Eleczko can completely revitalize the appearance of your smile.
4. Reduce the height of teeth. Cosmetic contouring can reduce the height of long teeth. The procedure is done to improve appearance by creating more balance or harmony in the look of the smile. Even a few millimeters of reduction in the right places can really improve the appearance of teeth.
5. Reshape pointy teeth. Excessively pointy cuspids can mar an otherwise perfect smile. Cosmetic contouring is used to adjust the length of the cuspids. To round-down pointy cuspids, your dentist will glide a dental instrument outfitted with a burr along the surface area of the teeth.
6. Reduce a slight overlap. Slightly overlapping can be fixed with a cosmetic contouring. Removing minor overlaps where plaque and tartar can build up lowers your risk of decay and gum disease. Talk to your dentist to see if cosmetic contouring is right for you.
Want to live your best life? Start with your smile. Call our dental office at (585) 346-2320 today to schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY, and serving Geneseo and surrounding areas. Cosmetic contouring has helped many people improve their smiles. And it will do the same for you.
One of the best ways to protect teeth that have undergone restorative procedures is using crowns. Your dentist in Livonia, NY, and serving Geneseo, Dr. Sandra Eleczko, is more than happy to tell you more about crowns and their benefits.
What are dental crowns:
Crowns are usually made of porcelain. Your Livonia dentist serving Geneseo, NY, takes an impression of your teeth and sends them to a lab where custom crowns are made just for you. In the meantime though, you're given a temporary crown.
So why get a dental crown anyway?
Dental crowns reinforce the tooth and allow it to withstand various degrees of pressure, meaning you can enjoy eating without the worry of ruining your tooth.
Here are some other procedures that use dental crowns:
- Attaching bridges
- Covering dental implants
- Covering an existing filling that may be dislocated
- Covering stained or discolored teeth
How do I take care of my crowns?
- It goes without saying that you need to brush twice a day and floss before bed. However, make sure to give special attention to the area around your dental crown. It's important to avoid plaque to reduce the chances of cavities forming and impacting the dental restoration.
- In addition to brushing and flossing, your diet can contribute to your crowns lasting up to 8 years, or more. Don't bite into ice and avoid sugary foods like soda and candy. Sugars contain the bacteria that produce plaque. So try eating healthy foods like apples and carrots that scrape the plaque off your teeth and incorporate more water into your diet.
- Bruxism, when someone grinds their teeth, can reduce how long your crowns last as well. So make sure you find a solution for it with your dentist, like getting a mouth guard.
For more information on dental crowns and what they can do for you, contact Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY, serving Geneseo and surrounding areas, as soon as possible.
Learn about Invisalign from your dentist in Livonia, NY and serving Geneseo and surrounding area.
Have a crooked smile? Invisalign can help you achieve your dream smile. Offered by Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY and serving Geneseo and surrounding area, Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces. Here are the top five advantages of Invisalign!
1. Fix Your Smile Problems
Invisalign can correct a wide variety of teeth straightening issues including underbites, crossbites, gapped teeth, crooked teeth, overcrowded teeth, and protruding teeth. Invisalign can be as effective as metal braces for the most common teeth-straightening issues. However, with advancements made recently, many Invisalign cases can be completed more quickly than those that use metal braces. Before, Invisalign aligners were changed every two weeks, but now most are changed every week which dramatically reduces treatment time and means treatment is often completed in less than a year.
2. Avoid Embarrassment
You can straighten your smile without a mouthful of metal. Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible. Unlike conventional braces, there are no metal archwires and brackets. No one will even notice that you're wearing aligners. Research shows that because the aligner trays are nearly invisible, there's a high level of patient acceptance with Invisalign treatment.
3. Invisalign is Removable
Invisalign aligners are removable giving you the flexibility to drink and eat what you want during treatment by removing the aligners. You can also remove the Invisalign aligners to floss and brush as you normally would. Therefore, it’s easier to maintain good oral hygiene throughout the course of treatment.
4. Invisalign is Comfortable
Traditional metal braces can be uncomfortable to wear. Invisalign aligners are made of smooth, comfortable, BPA-free clear plastic. The aligners offer more convenience and comfort compared to traditional braces. You can get started with Invisalign by locating an Invisalign-trained dentist in your area and booking a consultation.
Over 1,000,000 people from across the globe have straightened their smiles with Invisalign. Don't wait another minute. Call our dental practice in Livonia, NY and serving Geneseo and surrounding area at 585-346-2320 today to schedule your consultation. Invisalign won't just improve your smile; it will also change your life for the better.