Invisalign makes it possible to straighten your smile discreetly without the brackets and wires associated with braces. Invisalign relies on custom aligner trays to gently straighten the teeth and move them into the desired position. The trays offer several advantages, including being clear and removable. Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY can determine if Invisalign might be right for you.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an exciting alternative to wearing braces when you wish to straighten your smile. Instead of brackets and wires, Invisalign utilizes soft plastic aligner trays to straighten the teeth. Patients receive a set of two aligner trays to start. One tray fits over the top row of teeth, and the other fits over the bottom row. The trays are custom made for each patient for a perfect fit. Each set of trays is replaced with a new set every week. Each new set has slight modifications to gently move the teeth closer to their final position. Treatment time can oftentimes be completed in under a year.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign offers multiple benefits. A primary benefit is that it is discreet because the aligner trays used to straighten the teeth are made from a clear plastic material. The clear trays are not readily noticeable to others, in contrast to the readily noticeable silver brackets and wires associated with braces. Additionally, since the trays are made from a soft plastic material, they fit comfortably over the teeth. There are no hard metal or ceramic brackets and wires to poke or irritate the mouth and gums.
Another benefit of Invisalign is that the aligner trays can be removed, as needed. The trays should be worn most hours of the day and night, but can be conveniently removed to more easily brush and floss. They can also be removed when eating to prevent food particles from becoming trapped in the trays. Additionally, the aligner trays can be taken out for photographs and important occasions, if desired. Your dentist can help you decide if Invisalign is the right teeth straightening option for you.
Invisalign allows you to straighten your smile comfortably and discreetly. To find out if you are a good candidate for Invisalign, schedule an appointment with Dr. Eleczko, your Livonia, NY, dentist and serving the Geneseo, NY, area and surrounding communities, by calling the dental practice at (585) 346-2320.
In the past, the smile you had was the smile you kept. However, thanks to modern dental procedures, you can now choose how your smile looks. Cosmetic dentistry’s versatility allows you to get a smile you love to help you feel great about the way you look. Find out more about cosmetic dentistry with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on the aesthetic side of your smile.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures in Livonia, NY
- Bonding/Contouring: Dental bonding uses tooth-colored materials molded directly onto the teeth to change their shape. Contouring fixes small imperfections of your smile.
- Crowns and Bridges: A dental crown fits over a tooth to protect, stabilize, or change the appearance of a tooth. It can also hold a dental bridge, which replaces a missing tooth, in place with help from the surrounding healthy teeth.
- Veneers: A dental veneer covers the surface of a tooth with a thin shell of porcelain to change its appearance. Veneers are often used during a total smile makeover.
- Teeth Whitening: Monitored by your dentist, a professional teeth whitening treatment is significantly stronger and more effective than its at-home counterparts. The treatment lifts the color of the teeth by up to ten shades, giving your smile an instant boost.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace a missing tooth. However, unlike other teeth replacement options, your dentist implants the restoration directly into the jawbone beneath your missing tooth, standing on its own and integrating into the mouth’s natural structure.
- Invisalign: Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment which, rather than relying on metal brackets and wires, uses plastic aligner trays to move the teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY, and serving the Geneseo, NY, area and surrounding communities. Call (585) 346-2320 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Eleczko today!
If your missing teeth have you feeling down, your dentist can help you fill in your gaps and take your smile back to what it once was with mini dental implants. These dental restorations will connect the gaps in your smile to help boost your confidence and self-esteem and your mouth’s functionality. Find out more about mini dental implants and what they mean for you with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY.
What is a mini dental implant?
A mini implant is structurally the same as a traditional implant. However, their smaller stature allows for a less invasive placement procedure, shortened healing times, and can even eliminate the need for multiple dental appointments. Mini implants can replace teeth in most of the same situations as a traditional implant.
Mini Dental Implants vs. Traditional Dental Implants
The biggest difference between a mini implant and a traditional dental implant is not only the size. As the name implies, a mini implant is smaller than a traditional implant. Mini implants and traditional dental implants can both replace one or several missing teeth or hold a denture in place. However, traditional implants can require several dental appointments, months of healing times, and an invasive surgery. Additionally, traditional implants require an adequate amount of bone mass left in the area of the implant, something that some people simply do not have. A mini implant requires only a single dental appointment, local anesthetic, and, usually, no sutures.
Can a mini implant help my smile?
A mini implant can replace a single tooth using one implant. Two implants on either side of a dental bridge can hold a dental bridge in place, replacing several teeth in a row. Using four or more implants throughout the arch, your dentist can also replace all your teeth using a denture held in place by the mini implants.
Mini Dental Implants
Don’t let your missing teeth drag you down any longer. For more information on mini implants, please contact your dentist, Dr. Sandra Eleczko, in Livonia, NY, serving the Geneseo, NY, area and surrounding communities. Call (585) 346-2320 to schedule your appointment for a consultation with Dr. Eleczko today!
How Cosmetic Contouring Can Help Your Smile
Are you embarrassed to smile? Cosmetic contouring, or teeth reshaping, can sculpt your smile for a more beautiful appearance. Cosmetic contouring involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel to fix minor aesthetic issues. Your dentist in Livonia, NY Dr. Sandra Eleczko can show you six ways cosmetic contouring can help your smile.
1. Remove chips in teeth. Small chips in the teeth can be fixed with cosmetic contouring. If your teeth are chipped, cosmetic contouring will make them look whole and healthy again. Cosmetic contouring is a quick and painless cosmetic dental procedure whose results can be seen immediately.
2. Smooth out fractures. Cosmetic contouring can smooth out small fractures or pits in the teeth. Cosmetic contouring is best for patients who need small repairs or adjustments to improve the feel and appearance of their teeth.
3. Create an even smile. Uneven teeth can ruin a beautiful smile. Cosmetic contouring is one of the most cost-effective options for fixing uneven teeth to create a more attractive smile. By reshaping any uneven teeth, Dr. Eleczko can completely revitalize the appearance of your smile.
4. Reduce the height of teeth. Cosmetic contouring can reduce the height of long teeth. The procedure is done to improve appearance by creating more balance or harmony in the look of the smile. Even a few millimeters of reduction in the right places can really improve the appearance of teeth.
5. Reshape pointy teeth. Excessively pointy cuspids can mar an otherwise perfect smile. Cosmetic contouring is used to adjust the length of the cuspids. To round-down pointy cuspids, your dentist will glide a dental instrument outfitted with a burr along the surface area of the teeth.
6. Reduce a slight overlap. Slightly overlapping can be fixed with a cosmetic contouring. Removing minor overlaps where plaque and tartar can build up lowers your risk of decay and gum disease. Talk to your dentist to see if cosmetic contouring is right for you.
Want to live your best life? Start with your smile. Call our dental office at (585) 346-2320 today to schedule a dental consultation with Dr. Sandra Eleczko in Livonia, NY, and serving Geneseo and surrounding areas. Cosmetic contouring has helped many people improve their smiles. And it will do the same for you.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.